Artisans are persons who craft with their own hands the products they offer for sale at the Market. To qualify as an artisan, a majority of the tools and equipment used by the crafter to produce the products must require skills, personal handling, and/or guidance by the crafter.
To assure quality crafts at the Market, all artisan vendors are juried by the Committee. Work should be made by hand or with the appropriate tools, showing imagination, skill, and the mark of the artisan’s individuality. All works should be executed without technical faults. Artisans not accepted may reapply on a monthly basis with a new or improved product. Limitations may apply when determining the acceptance of an artisan, based on the markets current needs. Artisans who wish to sell on a daily basis, less than six markets during the season, must still jury their items. Returning craft vendors must jury new items.
Items made from kits or are mechanically mass produced are not acceptable.
Complete the 2017 Vendor Application if you wish to sell as farm vendor.
2017 Vendor Booth Rental Fees
- Full Season (24 weeks) is $150.00. Payment is due by or on the first market vendor is attending. A full season vendor may join the season at any time.
- Seasonal (12 weeks) is $120.00. This vendor will be at market for 12 weeks during the season.The weeks do not have to be consecutive weeks. Payment is due by or on the first market vendor will be attending. .
- If Vendor participates in excess of 12 weeks, there will be a charge of $10 for each additional week.
- Daily is $15. Payment is payable by opening time of each Market the vendor will be attending. If vendor decides after renting a booth for one day to participate for a full or seasonal season the rental fee will be applied to the total rental.
- Before a vendor application will be approved the following criteria must be met:
- Applicant must reside within a one hundred mile radius of the Market.
- Applicant must not have an outstanding fee or fine from the previous season.
- If the applicant was a vendor the previous season they must have been a vendor in good standing, abiding by the Rules & Policies of the Owen County Farmers Market.
- No commercial items, no imported items and no second hand items shall be sold by any vendor at the Market.
- All artisan vendors are juried by the Committee. Photos representing the items to be sold at the market must accompany the vendor application
- Items made from kits or are mechanically mass produced are not acceptable.
- The Market strives to provide a place where fresh and wholesome products are sold. The Market Manager has the responsibility to cooperate with regulatory agencies in order to maintain quality control at the Market.
- Minor children may be involved in the display and sales of items in a stall provided that they are supervised at all times by a parent or guardian.
- No vending from trucks, vans, cars, etc. in the market
- Full and Seasonal vendors are asked to inform the Market Manager in advance of weeks they will be unable to attend the market. This information is useful to our Market Manager for recording attendance, planning the market days layout, and letting our customers know what will be available
- Also for those wishing to rent space on a daily (week by week) basis booth payments must be made before the start of market on the days of setting up. Also vendors must contact the Market Manager at least 48 hrs before the Saturday you plan to attend, so we can assure you a booth space.
Complete listing of the OCFM Rules
Stalls & Stall Assignment
A full stall will be 10’ X 10’. A vendor may pay for and use more than one stall. The Owen County Farmers Market reserves the right to limit the amount of stalls each vendor has should the growth of the market dictate that such a limitation is in the best interest of the market.
Canopy & Table: Set Up & Tear Down
- All vendors are responsible for setting up and tearing down canopies, tables, and displays for their stall.
- Set up may begin an hour before the market opens and must be completed before the market opens
- Tear down may not begin before the end of the market hours
- All vendors erecting canopies at the Market are required to have their canopy sufficiently and safely anchored to the ground from the time their canopy is put up to the time it is taken down. The Market requires a minimum of 24 pound weights on each of the four corners of the canopy. Any vendor who has been found by the Market Master to have failed to properly anchor their canopy will either have to:
- Anchor their canopy appropriately
- Remove their canopy for that Market day
- Refrain from selling at the Market on that Market day.
- All vendors are responsible for policing their stall areas after tear down and leaving the area clean. Vendors who do not police their area will not be allowed to sell at the next Market.
- Vendors must park their vehicles away from the market site. No vending from trucks, vans, cars, etc. in the market
- The Owen County Farmers’ Market is not responsible for items left at the Market.
Contracts for full, seasonal, or daily vendors must be received at least 48 hr before your first market date. Contacts and payments may be mailed to OCFM, PO Box 650, Spencer, IN 47460 or contracts may be emailed to the Market Manager at email or 812.821.7128. If emailing payment must be given to the Market Manager before setting up your stall on your first market date.
Full season vendor are asked to contact the Market Manager when you will not be able to attend a particular Saturday. This allows the Market Manager knowledge to fill in your space that week to keep a coherent flow to the market. Reserved spaces not claimed before 8 am may be reassigned to another vendor for that day.
Seasonal vendors are asked to contact the Market Master 48 hr prior to the Saturdays you will be attending so we can configure the market for that week.
Daily vendors that have approved contracts must contact the Market Manager at least 48 hrs before the Saturday you plan to attend, so we can assure you a booth space. Payment is required prior to setting up your booth.
- Vendors must submit contracts prior to vendor for board approval. The Board reserves the right to refuse admittance to any vendor that the Board feels does not meet the eligibility requirements or does not serve the best interests of the Market.
- Artisan Vendors. All Artisan Vendors are subject to the craft jury process and only those items approved by the jury may be sold at the market. Vendor booth rental spaces may be limited for Artisans depending on the response of contracts.
- The Board and/or Market Master reserves the right to inspect any kitchen or farm of participating market vendors. We may choose to make a visit when complaints have been made to the Market Master as we deem it necessary. If following the initial inspection the Board and/or Market Master feels it is necessary they may require a State inspection by the Owen County Board of Health.
Certificate of Insurance with the minimum limits of 500/1M listing the “Owen County Farmers Market” as an additional insured. This must be provided with the Value Food Addendum. Contact your local insurance agent and ask about Farmers’ Market / Value added food policies. Farm and artisan vendors are not required to carry insurance to be participate in the market.
Vendors are NOT permitted to close their booth before the conclusion of the market day for insurance liability reasons. Any vendor leaving the Market before the close of the day could be assessed a $50.00 fine, which is due before the next Market day.