Senior Farmer’s Market Nutritional Program
Category : Uncategorized
We do have vendors approved to accept WIC and Senior FMNP vouchers. Look for vendors with a sign displayed about WIC for those accepting the voucher. Registration for Vouchers will be June 25 at the market from 9:00 to 11:00 am or at the Whistle Stop starting June 13.
To be eligible to receive SFMNP checks, you must
- be at least sixty (60) years of age at date of check issue or
- a person with disabilities, under age sixty (60), currently living in a housing facility occupied primarily by older persons where congregate nutrition services are provided at date of check issue
- meet the household gross income guidelines, which are based on 185% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines
- live in the county where the checks are being issued
- bring a driver’s license or State ID card when submitting application
Participants who qualify will receive 4 – $5 FMNP checks that they may use only at Farmers’ Markets and farm stands that are authorized by the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP). Authorized markets and stands display an authorized vendor sign provided by the ISDH FMNP.
Approved Food List for vouchers includes
edible soy beans
greens (any variety)
lettuce (any variety)